The following GMAT data sufficiency question tests your understanding of how to deal with overlapping sets using Venn diagrams or other approaches.
At a certain company with 90 employees, 70 have cell phones and 60 have laptops. How many employees do not have either a cell phone or a laptop?
- (1) The number of employees that have cell phones only is twice the number of employees that have laptops only.
- (2) 80 employees have either a cell phone or a laptop.
- Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- BOTH statements TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.