Try the following GMAT data sufficiency question on dealing with quadratic equation forms in the context of data sufficiency.
What is the value of $x^4 + 2x^2 + 12$ ?
- (1) $x=2$ or $x=-2$
- (2) $x^4+2x^2 – 12 = 12$
- Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- BOTH statements TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.