The following GMAT data sufficiency question tests your understanding of straight lines and intercepts in the $xy-$coordinate plane.
In the $xy$-plane, what is the slope of the line $y=mx+c$, where $mc \neq 0$ ?
- (1) The $x$ and $y$-intercepts of the line are equal.
- (2) The product of the $x$ and $y$-intercepts is equal to $1$.
- Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- BOTH statements TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.