Try the following GMAT data sufficiency question that tests your understanding of dealing with algebraic inequalities.
If $x$ and $y$ are positive, is $x>y$ ?
- (1) $x^2-xy > x$
- (2) $y^2-y < xy$
- Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- BOTH statements TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Leave a Reply